In Guild Wars 2, there are eight crafting disciplines players can choose from.
- Weaponsmith – Weaponsmiths craft melee weapons, such as swords, axes and hammers.
- Huntsman – Huntsmen craft ranged weapons like bows and pistol, as well as torches and warhorns.
- Artificer– Artificers craft magical weapons such as staves and scepters
- Armorsmith – Armorsmiths craft heavy armor pieces.
- Leatherworker – Leatherworkers craft medium armor pieces.
- Tailor – Tailors craft light armor pieces.
- Jewelcrafter – Jewelcrafters craft jewelry, such as rings and necklaces.
- Cook – Cooks can prepare food which characters can eat for temporary combat buffs
Before you can craft new items, you need to get the raw materials needed for crafting. The basic materials needed for crafting depends upon the crafting discipline, but there are three ways you can obtain crafting materials:
- Salvaging kits— Available from merchants, salvaging kits allow you to salvage crafting materials out of old or unwanted items.
- Looting—You have a chance of finding appropriate crafting materials like hides or trophies when you loot slain enemies.
- Harvesting—Ore veins, plants, and trees can be found around the world and harvested for materials.
Read the entire article.
Other articles: Guild Wars 2 developer talks about Combat Attributes and Iteration.